— Visas for Athlete's Entertainers and Artist
O's P's and E's

You need to stay focused on the sport let us focus on getting you there

The Immigration and Nationality Act has set up several avenues for Athletes, Artist, and Entertainers.  But let’s not forget behind every athlete is a Coach, a support team, and a family and they are just as important and they can also travel with you.  Most Athletes, Artist, and Entertainers can find a path to entering into the United States by applying for a O, P, or E visa 

What is in O visa? 
The O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements


Classification of O visas according to USCIS:
  • O-1A: Individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics (not including the arts, motion pictures or television industry);
  • O-1B: Individuals with an extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in motion picture or television industry;
  • O-2: Individuals who will accompany an O-1 artist or athlete to assist in a specific event or performance; and
  • O-3: Individuals who are the spouse or children of O-1 and O-2 visa holders.
How does one demonstrate extraordinary ability? 

The regulations at 8 CFR 214.2(o)(3)(iii) and 8 CFR 214.2(o)(3)(iv), which respectively apply to the O-1A and O-1B (arts) visa classifications, list criteria as examples of the kinds of evidence that would typically be available to show that a beneficiary has extraordinary ability in his or her field. 

In the alternative, 8 CFR 214.2(o)(3)(iii)(C) and 8 CFR 214.2(o)(3)(iv)(C) allow petitioners to submit comparable evidence if the criteria described in the former provisions do not readily apply to the beneficiary’s occupation. These provisions allow petitioners the opportunity to submit alternate but equivalent forms of evidence to establish eligibility. 

Three years or duration of the event 

P-VISA  9 FAM 402.14 
A P visa is available to individuals coming temporarily into the United States solely for the purpose of competing in a specific athletic competition 
In order to qualify the athlete must be recognized at an internationally recognized level in the sport or 
Part of a group or a team that is recognized at an international level or 
A athlete or coach, as part of a team or franchise that is located in the United states or a member of a foreign league or association 
Available to professional and amateur athletes 

You have a high level of achievement in a sport, demonstrated by a degree of skill and recognition substantially above that ordinarily encountered.
Documentation regarding the event or league and your recognition in the sport all play an important factor in demonstrating your eligibility for a P visa 
Individuals coming temporarily to perform, teach or coach as artists or entertainers, individually or as part of a group, under a program that is culturally unique. 

You can qualify if you are coming to the United States to either individually or as a group for the purpose of developing, interpreting, representing, coaching, or teaching a unique of traditional ethic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical or artistic performance or presentation. The purpose of travel to the United States is to participate in a cultural event or events which will further the understanding or development of your art form.   Program can be commercial or non-commercial.
Documentation will include letters from organizations establishing that you or your groups skills in performing, presenting or coaching or teaching the unique and traditional art forms and credentials of those attesting to you or your groups authenticity or evidence that your groups performance in culturally unique. 
Athletes competing in the United States may obtain an National Interest Exemption  in order to travel to the United States along with support staff such as coaches and support staff
E visa

To qualify for E-1 classification, you must:

  • Be a national of a country the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with;
  • Carry on substantial trade; and
  • Carry on principal trade between the United States and the treaty country which qualified you for E-1 classification.

Substantial trade generally refers to the continuous flow of sizable international trade items, involving numerous transactions over time. 

E -2 Classification

To qualify for E-2 classification, you must:

  • Be a national of a country the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with;
  • Have invested, or are actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States; and
  • Be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise.
E-3 Classification 

To qualify for E-3 classification, you must:

  • Be a national of Australia;
  • Have a legitimate offer of employment in the United States;
  • Have the necessary academic or other qualifying credentials; and
  • Fill a position that qualifies as a specialty occupation.

List of Treaty countries